Wednesday 23 October 2013

BEARDS THO-Ballpoint Pen on Paper

Beards Though!


           So as the title suggests, today's post will be dominated by pen drawings of bearded men! Why bearded men you ask? No particular reason really, they are fun to draw, and I think I'm good at it. Since I have run out of previous drawings that I could scan successfully, I decided to draw these a few days ago, in one sitting, and with a common theme. I tried to make them as varied as possible, creating different facial expressions and types of beards for everyone, fun for the whole family! I also attempted to give them each a different character, so that when you first look at them you assume something about them, for that reason I put a strong emphasis on eyes, as they show the most emotion.
          
         My process was fairly simple and fast, I don't commonly draw with pen as opposed to pencil, but lately I have been doing it, as evidenced by my earlier post last week. I started off by making light gesture sketches, placing the body parts where I wanted and working from there into the darker details. If you look closely at the character at the top right section of the page, there is a phantom beard that I decided wasn't good.5. Some got a little carried away in detail compared to others, that being said, I like them all equally. I think i succeeded in what I tried to do, so if you have any advice, feedback or critique, or simply want to compliment, throw me a comment! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the detail of the beards Mr. Saheeny, facial hair is very in right now. Maybe next time add a bit more variety (go-tee's, hitler staches, the classic french mustache) Anyhoo, I could go on forever but ill shave it for later;)

    ReplyDelete