Wednesday 16 October 2013

Black Pen Monster, Ballpoint on Paper

Pen Day! It Came From Google Images



Notice: Clicking on the picture makes the resolution significantly greater than the preview/thumbnail in the post, so please do that if you want to look at it in greater detail!

So this is a monster that I found on Google images that I found interesting and I decided to draw it, I will do further research to find the actual artist because the description of it was intelligible, and edit that in!

This is black ballpoint pen on regular printer paper, it's in bad condition after being stuffed in my book for so long. This coupled with the odd length of the paper I used made it a difficult task to scan, and so the quality of the picture isn't as good as it could be.

What drew(intended) me to this drawing was the feeling of tension it gives off, the spindly musculature and movement incorporated in the line shading makes gives it the feeling I desired, and I am pretty happy with the outcome! As always, critique and stuff if you want, or just leave any comment really!

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this drawing. I'm a sucker for sketchy, gritty drawings, and you nailed it with this one.
    Critique tho; even out the dark in his mouth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this drawing, I'm a sucker for sketchy, gritty drawings, and you nailed it with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In all seriousness this is really truly and quite honestly a spectacular piece mr. Saheeny, I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you next semester in the visual arts! Right on!
    -cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, the drawing just seems so raw and out-there! It is different than anything that you have posted yet so far, which is neat. What about drawing a monster that you made up yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up the great work Mr. Saheeny! One day you'll be the next Van Gogh!

    ReplyDelete